Pest identification

From: Hideka Kobayashi (hkobayashi4@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 17:26:16 PDT

Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 19:26:16 CDT
From: "Hideka Kobayashi" <hkobayashi4@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pest identification

Hi, all. I talked to an extension horticultural entomologist here at
University of Illinois. He agreed to identify pests (not diseases) on CPs
for free. To avoid the problems, the sender needs to satisfy following
conditions:
1) Residents of State of Illinois--sorry, no Michigan, Wisconsin, etc
2) Pests found on CPs--We do not accept anything else
3) Pests not found on Dr. Meyers-Rice's FAQ page

Send pests along with plant material:
(Mr.) Hideka Kobayashi
1115 Plant Science Lab
1201 S. Dorner Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801

Both of us are quite busy, so don't get upset even if you don't hear from us
in a month or so. I will try to get his answer in a timely fashion, but
sometimes this is not simply possible. If the sender does not meet the
requirement (e.g. sending pests found on the above mentioned page), I will
simply dump the sample, and I won't even reply. It would be wise to put
pests in a small glass vial or something to avoid crushing during shipping.
It would be difficult to send plants unwilted, but try to send a sample
along with pests. Needless to say, we don't return whatever is sent to us.
Again, please don't send us plants for disease identification. I will send
the id to the sender privately.

Hideka