RE: P moranensis

From: mbrassel (mbrassel@goplay.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 20:34:53 PDT

Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 19:34:53 -0800
From: "mbrassel" <mbrassel@goplay.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: P moranensis

Bryan and Leslie Lorber <bllorber@wcvt.com> wrote on Wednesday May 10,
2000 at 6:27am:
>Hi Everyone:
>I have a P moranensis purchased about one year ago. It has done well
on
>my windowsill but in the last few months it has started blooming and
>just won't stop! I love it, but was wondering if this "normal". No
>sooner does one flower fade away then another flower stalk rises up
>take its place. The 4th is just now starting. BTW, can someone please
>tell me the botanical name for the tusk- like projection that curves
out
>from the flower?
>Thanks,
>Bryan
>Charlotte, Vermont
>U.S.A
>Zone 4

I also recently got some P. moranensis, and my plants are flowering
like crazy as well. One of my plants has 4 flower stalks, with
flowers in various states of development. The person I got the plants
from said that this is normal.

I think the name for that part of the flower is called the spur
(anyone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Michael Brassell
mbrassel@nyx.net
| http://www.goplay.com - it's time to Go Play! |