Rain water

From: Hideka Kobayashi (hkobayashi4@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 21:52:03 PDT

Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 23:52:03 CDT
From: "Hideka Kobayashi" <hkobayashi4@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Rain water

Chuck posted a very good summary on RO vs. SD water issue. I was skipping
postings on this topic, so I might have missed some posting on this. I am
sure it depends on the region the peroson lives, but rain water can be used
for CP. In fact, this is a preferred method for an orchid grower.

When I was in Japan I read about struggles that Americans have with water.
It really did not hit me much, but now I know it! In general, tap water in
Japan is acidic and low in solutes. I used to water my CPs with tap water
directly from the faucet.

Hideka