Answers to Davids questions

From: Andrew Marshall (andrewm@olywa.net)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 11:47:06 PDT

Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 11:47:06 -0700
From: "Andrew Marshall" <andrewm@olywa.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Answers to Davids questions

Hi David,
    As I said to you in the private reply I sent to your recent inquiry, I
have been ill a lot recently, out of town on personal matters also that are
not anything to be concerned about here. I also have been trying to single
handedly, and pretty desperately run a poultry farm successfully in the face
of bad weather and dog packs that sneak in and kill the birds. Try packing
orders the next morning after sitting up all night trying to catch the
pests? These are not important things though compared to getting the orders
out in a timely fashion. If you read in the website though, I do warn that
sometimes delays of up to 30 days can occur.
    I shall also elucidate a few other reasons for the delay in getting YOUR
order from where I am, about 90 miles S. of Seattle, in Washington State, to
you, located in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. The 26th April was a Wednesday,
had I processed the order that day, and shipped from Seattle that day, they
still would not have reached you until the earliest May 4th or 5th. I was
out of town most of that time ill as it happens also. The plants you
ordered, some of them REQUIRE a cites/phyto examination... a trip of 180
miles and usually heavy traffic in at least two of the three major cities I
must pass through to get to Seattle that I don't charge to ANYONE... I eat
that cost. I charge for the certificate though... you neglected to include
this fee on your order. If I decided for some reason to skip this
certification, and try to illegally smuggle the plants to you, they would
have been confiscated and YOU would be in a lot of trouble if I understand
your government right. Fortunately I don't do this. Lastly, when I did
jump right away and attempt to process your credit card, it was refused by
the bank... I have e-mailed you in reference to this immediately I
discovered the fact. NO reply yet. It seems that, had I rushed the plants
to you as you seem to have wanted me to (no indication on the order about
'rush or hurry up or anything but assuming from the posting here), I would
not have been paid for them. I hope that is a mistaken impression on my
part.
    Meanwhile IF any one has any orders with me pending, that they are
awaiting response on, I assume by now you have received the e-mails
concerning them? Please reply privately to me ASAP as I REALLY WOULD like
to get these taken care of before I have to go out of town again. I usually
process and ship the day *I* get the order... which may be a few after you
sent it. Sorry. If you want a rush job, indicate please and I will drop
what I am doing and get it done right away.
    Best wishes
    Andrew

cpalko@hotmail.com
> Subject: Cascade Carnivorous Plants
>
> Hello Kit,
>
> On Tue, 2 May 2000 20:53:09 -0700 (PDT), Kit Halsted
> <> wrote:
>
> >Next thing I knew, I had
> >placed an order with Cascade Carnivorous Plants for various
> >Sarracenea, a Drosera, & a couple of VFTs.
>
> I placed an order with Cascade Carnivorous Plants on the 26th April
> 2000, but have not yet heard from them.
>
> How long did it take for you to receive your plants after submitting
> the order?
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> --
> Regards,
> \244DAVID\244dwkwong@pc.jaring.my\244

\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257
\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257\257