Re: N. kampotiana

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 08:24:27 PDT

Date:          Thu, 4 May 2000 08:24:27
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: N. kampotiana

Dear Joe,

> Occasionally, I see N. kampotiana on price
> lists. Is this a valid name, and if not, what is the probable species(or
> hybrid?).

It is a *valid* name, because it has been published with a Latin
description according to the ICBN. But it is nowadays not *accepted*
by a majority of taxonomists, because the plants corresponding to the
type specimen cannot reliably be distinguished from _N. anamensis_,
which is currently the *accepted* name for these plants.

Kind regards
Jan