Re: Hot air (global or otherwise)

From: John Green (HPJGREEN@ihc.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 09:55:15 PDT

Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:55:15 -0600
From: "John Green" <HPJGREEN@ihc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Hot air (global or otherwise)

>Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Michael's original
>point was not to trust scientific opinion that MAY be
>motivated by the desire to keep a job rather than uncover
>the 'truth' (whatever that may be !<grin>).

This goes both ways. While researching both sides of the global
warming debate (for a class paper several years ago), it became obvious
that all the reports debunking global warming were financed or otherwise
supported by chemical and mining companies (heavy polluters). Their
motivation is to protect their profits. Whatever "the truth" is, (I
believe) we should at least minimize our impact on the environment.

John "not a radical" Green
Salt Lake City, Utah

PS - let's stop the personal attacks. The "ha ha ha ha" doesn't lend
any credibility to an argument or position (quite the opposite, in
fact).