Small VFTs

From: Paul Edwards (edwards@net2000.com.au)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 16:04:15 PDT

Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:04:15 +1000
From: "Paul Edwards" <edwards@net2000.com.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Small VFTs

Hi everyone.

Each year, around this time (Autumn in Aust.) I put my VFTs into dormancy.
After a gradual reduction in light and heat, I finally remove them from
their pots, spray them with anti-fungicide and put them in the fridge in
some damp sphagnum (temperature is maintained around 5 degrees C).

I noticed this year that they seem to have behaved differently from other
years. They seem to have divided themselves much more than in previous
years, and the plants are somewhat smaller. I don't want even more plants
(I'm struggling to find room for them all as it is) but what I want is
BIGGER plants. Is my enforced dormancy causing this? I've been doing it for
some years, and hasn't seemed to before (or not to the extent of this year).
Anyway, uprooting the plants doesn't cause them to divide, 'cause they
already have at this stage. Can someone please help?

  Paul Edwards,
  Bampton Park,
  Neerim South, Victoria.
  Australia.