darlingtonia seepage

From: JScott9653@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 19:05:58 PDT

Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:05:58 EDT
From: JScott9653@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: darlingtonia seepage

 Hello

 I had a set up to keep darlingtonia roots cool. The pots had a lot of little
plants coming up and were growing very well. But then I moved to an apartment
until are house was built, so I shut down my setup they must have not liked
the change as they died. My set up was a clay pot in a plastic container to
this I attached a hose to a water pump that was in a 5 gallon bucket buried
in the ground with 3 inches of the top of the bucket above the soil line so
that dirt would not get in the water this was under our house trailer where
it stayed cool all summer long. I had a drain hose running from the plastic
container with the pot going back in to the bucket. I had at timer hooked up
so that the pump would run 4 times a day for 30 minutes each time it came on,
this allowed the water to cool down before it would run back in the pot. I am
thinking about setting something like this up again now that we are settled
in and the plants would not be disturbed again. have a good day
Jim