Help!! - - - butterworts are turning white!

From: Paul Temple (paultemple@ecologycal.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 05:17:49 PDT

Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:17:49 +0100
From: Paul Temple <paultemple@ecologycal.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Help!! - - - butterworts are turning white!

Amy

It is possible that the plants are being boiled, but unlikely.
Temperature in my greenhouse can reach 120 F and plants survive.

More likely, the pings are getting too much light. Many Pings grow in
semi-shade or on North facing slopes, ut of direct sunlight most of the
time. I would make sure that the Pings are not getting direct sunlight,
especially never direct sunlight through glass. Use greenhouse net
shading or greenhouse shading paint to reduce the light to about 40-50%
of natural direct sunlight.

Of course, if you already are using shade then this ca not be the
problem. In which case, I don';t have a clue what the problem is.

God luck

Paul