Green Swamp

From: Nicholas Plummer (nplummer@duke.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 09:38:56 PDT

Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:38:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Nicholas Plummer <nplummer@duke.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Green Swamp

I was at a conference in Wilmington, North Carolina this weekeend and had
some spare time on saturday, so I drove down to the Green Swamp. I saw
the following:

Dionaea muscipula -- zillions of plants, all with fresh new traps
Utricularia subulata (I think) -- blooming
Pinguicula lutea -- flowers past their prime
Pinguicula caerulea -- blooming
various Droseras -- Some blooming
Sarracenia flava -- blooming, the best were in a couple of inches of
standing water.
Sarracenia purpurea venosa -- in bud. Flowers look ready to open in a
couple of days. Some with new pitchers just opening
Sarracenia rubra -- in bud, some pitchers from last year are still in
excellent condition.

Last year at this time, I saw some blooming Calopogon orchids, but I
couldn't find any this year.

cheers,
     Nick
Nicholas Plummer