Betsy on the Keys

From: Strata, Inc. (strata@flash.net)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 07:22:32 PDT

Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 09:22:32 -0500
From: "Strata, Inc." <strata@flash.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Betsy on the Keys

>I live in southwest Florida, on an island and it is very humid down here.
Is
>the dehumidified water safe for the CPs? (I'm a block from the ocean.)

>Thanks, Betsi

Betsy, I assume you mean "desalinated" water (not "dehumidified").
Although most of the salt is removed it may still contain disolved
solids at levels harmful to CPs. Have the water analyzed by a
water-filtration-supplies company, for chlorine and disolved solids. If
they tell you that it contains over 100 parts per million disolved
solids, buy distilled water. Pure water has fewer than 5 parts per
million. If you use more than a couple of gallons per week, you need an
RO (Reverse Osmosis) filter, to make your own pure water.

Take care,
Michael Pagoulatos