Miguel de Salas- D.binata from seed-alternative ways of propagation

From: david ahrens (nepenthesdave@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 06:46:55 PDT

Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 06:46:55 PDT
From: "david ahrens" <nepenthesdave@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Miguel de Salas- D.binata from seed-alternative ways of propagation

Drosera binata propagates extremely easily by floating the leaves in a jar
of water and exposing to direct sunlight. If the leaves are very long and
will not float, just put about a quarter of an inch of water in the jar and
float them in that. Plantlets will form along the leaf and can be cut off
and potted up later. This method works if you need a large quantity of
D.capensis for fetes/car-boot sales etc.
I am shutting down the discussion group untill after April, if you need to
reply to me, most people usually don't ( I am only joking ), then e-mail me
privately.
regards
David Ahrens
London