Re: Wal-Mart pitcher plants

From: Carl Strohmenger (HSC) (cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 03:22:24 PDT

Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 06:22:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Carl Strohmenger (HSC)" <cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Wal-Mart pitcher plants

It is probably much more informative to look at the soil or growing media
found around the roots of the plants. If you have an obviously nursery
mixed media (eg peat + perlite) then they are probably TC plants. If you
see a sample of soil from the wild (eg humus, leaf mold, gray sand, etc.)
then they are probably collected plants.
- Carl