Carnivorous Orchids

From: Hideka Kobayashi (hkobayashi4@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 09:18:16 PDT

Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 11:18:16 CDT
From: "Hideka Kobayashi" <hkobayashi4@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Carnivorous Orchids

Topic No. 15
Hi, Rich. Thanks for your reply. Yes, my posting was surely triggered by
your posting on carnivorous liverwarts. I think this species of 'suspected'
carnivorous orchid is a recent rescovery. So probably, we are talking about
different species. I will look into articles you mentioned some time in the
future.

I personally do not believe (does not necessary mean 'disbelieve')this
species is carnivorous. Even if it is, it is fairly small, and not
attractive at all.

Hideka

<Hi There,
Sorry I got the citation for the "carnivorous orchid" wrong. It is
actually Paul Simons - carnivorous orchid feeds on its own rubbish
tip. New Scientist - 5th August 1989, and is also mentioned in the
Flytrap News Vol 6 No. 1 1992.
I don't think anything conclusive was found but have a look.

Rich.>