Utric hybrids and mad scientists

From: Richard Jobson (r.jobson@botany.uq.edu.au)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 22:41:00 PST

Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 16:41:00 +1000
From: "Richard Jobson" <r.jobson@botany.uq.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Utric hybrids and mad scientists

Hi there,
Has anyone heard anything about Utric hybrids either wild or in
cultivation? I remember someone mentioned a cross between
species from section Iperua and Orchidioides. Its strange that the
mad scientists on the list that play around with pitcher plants and
butterworts have not attacked the bladderworts yet, or are they
trying ;-)?

Hi David Banks, I did a bit of a search through the literature re. your
question of sex ratio in the dioecious Nepenthes and also fruit
ripening (you may have already done this). I turned up no specific
study or mention. An answer for at least some of the species may
lie in the early monographs or grower observation as someone has
already done. Please let me know what you find out!
richard.