Marston

From: Michael King (MKing1@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 09:07:18 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:07:18 -0500
From: Michael King <MKing1@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Marston

Hi Barry,

I'm reasonably certain that the name "Marston Exotics" has been
purchased
by a UK Garden Centre chain called Wyevale and that Paul Gardner is now
their employee. Wyevale have said that they intend to stock a small
range of Marston-sourced carnivores throughout their chain. However I
get the impression that Paul & Jackie are keeping a private collection
- whether they intend to sell any of it off or run it as a small
sideline
I have no idea.

Regards, NigelH

Dear Nigel,Dear Barry,
               One of the original partners of Marston Exotics before this
situation happened was also a director of Wyevale, and they are
the owners of the site. Most of the nursery is given over to cultivating
bamboo for the garden centre chain, however, Paul & Jackie Gardner
still have a national collection of Sarracenia there, and they will
continue
a small mail order business. As far as I know, they will be at Hampton
Court this summer. Meanwhile, as you mentioned, Paul is in Wyevale's
employment.

I hope that clears it up!

Best Regards

Mike King