thanks for the support!

From: bruce dudley (bdaviddudley@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 10:01:05 PST

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:01:05 -0800 (PST)
From: bruce dudley <bdaviddudley@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: thanks for the support!

To all of us who enjoy the conservation of carnivorous
plants and the land they still live on:

I must say that I am happy to finally see more
supporters of my "militant" views on conservation of
carnivorous plants, and animal life. Such support for
the value of all animals and plants for sustained
ecosystems such as boglands and coastal wetlands is
critical so that we don't loose the last wild flytrap
populations, the last wild red wolf (reintroduced in
my part of NC), or the last condor. Truly, wanton rape
of our lands and the subsequent loss of animals
because they live in conflict with human ignorance
must certainly stop (remember buffalo and passenger
pigeons?). I realize that acres of pitcher plants
will never be seen in the wild again. I accept that
the mass extinctions we are seeing are due in part to
my misuse of resources that make my life easier. I am
certainly most grateful that my Native American mother
instilled a deep appreciation for all life--not just
human--into my soul. It is still a hope of mine to
see all mankind agree to use noninvasive measures to
control animal species which have abundantly
procreated. Poisons used to control plants and
animals are taken up by other animals and
plants/soils/waterways and the long-term pollution can
not be measured by the death of the one animal or
plant! It goes much farther than that. I worry that
someone's child could be poisoned by an accidental
consumption. I worry that someone's pure-bred pet
(costing thousands of dollars) might die for eating a
poisoned rat, squirrel, or bird you all speak about.
I worry that the agricultural wastes flushing into our
coastal areas are killing off our coastland plants
(carnivorous plants) and that the nurserys which breed
our favorite seafoods and fish are unable to sustain
the quantity we take from the ocean.

Please everyone, do not ignore your responsibilities
to conserve and preserve whenever possible. Thank you.
 That's all I really had to say in the first place.
Kill as you please, but don't do so around me. Dispose
of the animals so that no other animal can be hurt by
it. Primarily, eat it when possible. Otherwise let
it live as it will let you live. Share the world or
you will live in a bleak world inhabited by rats,
cockroaches, and other humans! Hearing what some of
you think makes that possibility a truly sickening
one....

Bruce