H. ionasii

From: Sunpitcher@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 06:02:16 PST

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:02:16 EST
From: Sunpitcher@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: H. ionasii

Christer, I find ionasii to be intolerably slow. I have had a clone of this
plant that I have been growing for 3 years and it is still has pitchers only
2 inches tall. It tends to grow sideways instead of up. Meaning, it makes
new crowns instead of mature pitchers. It responds favorably to fresh medium
and grows more vigorously for a time when the medium is changed. The only
reason I haven't given up on this plant is because I maintain belief that one
day in the distant future it will grow like a monster with the ermergence of
the first mature pitcher. That is what finally happened with my clone of H.
nutans.

But then again, maybe this is just a dog clone. I do have another clone that
is a little quicker to grow but doesn't look much like the one I have been
talking about.

I look forward to input from other growers. I can grow the other species
very well. Maybe they have discovered a quirk in the ionasii that I haven't
:) Angie Nichols, South Carolina, USA