ICPS Meeting 2000 Update

From: John Brittnacher (britt@epm.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 12:05:55 PST

Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:05:55 -0800
From: John Brittnacher <britt@epm.ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: ICPS Meeting 2000 Update

The ICPS Meeting 2000 Update pages on the ICPS web site

      http://www.carnivorousplants.org/

have been updated with the latest information on the conference at
the Fort Mason Center in San Francisco, California, Friday, June,
16th to Sunday, June 18th, 2000.

There is information on lodging on the web site now. Also I have found

      http://bayarea.citysearch.com/
      http://bayarea.citysearch.com/San_Francisco/Visitors_Getaways/Hotels/
      http://san-francisco.hotels-at-a-discount.com/index.html

to have useful information about the San Francisco and places to stay.

We need entries for the photo contest. Look through your old snaps.
Take some new ones.

There will be prizes in the following six categories:
      * Best Carnivorous Plant in Habitat
      * Best C.P. In Cultivation
      * Best Close-up or Macro-photography/Micro-photography
      * Best Insect/Animal Interaction
      * Best Original Art
      * Best Photo of CP Person/People or plant/person interaction

Honorable mentions for:
      * Best cultivated display or grouping
      * Best plant in a decorative pot or planter
      * Rarest/most beautiful species or cultivar
      * Best Photo from a person under 16
      * Funniest Photo/Original Art

Sponsors have generously donated prizes in the form of gift
certificates to CP nurseries, and memberships to the ICPS for the
winners.