sonic control of rodents

From: Andrew Marshall (andrewm@olywa.net)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 09:44:14 PST

Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:44:14 -0800
From: "Andrew Marshall" <andrewm@olywa.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: sonic control of rodents

HI Joe,
    The motion sensitive sprinkler attachment sounds like fun. Just don't
get in front of it yourself unless you have a change of clothes handy.
    As to the sonic device... none of them work. I have tried several types
as have my in-laws to keep chipmunks, mice and squirrels out of their
attics. Having spent two months living up there myself, I can tell you that
even with 8 of them in the large attic, there was still plenty of all three
rodents, and they didn't seem phased at all by the devices. Yes, the
devices were working properly according to manufacturers instructions. They
just don't work either indoors or outdoors.
    Pie pans and other dangly shiney things don't work for squirrels,
neither do rubber snakes and large rubber crocodiles. Scarecrows don't work
either.
    Best wishes
    Andrew