Re: Squirrel control

From: Carl Strohmenger (HSC) (cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 15:02:35 PST

Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 18:02:35 -0500 (EST)
From: "Carl Strohmenger (HSC)" <cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Squirrel control

Cats are of no or very limited use in squirrel control. Squirrels are
faster and more agile than cats, can climb faster and farther, and easily
negotiate small wires (clothesline, telephone line, power line) that a cat
cannot. I have cats (my own abd other people's) in my yard and they have
no noticable affect on the depredations of squirrels. Go for the rat traps
and bait. Nothing else seems to do the job.
- Carl