squirrels

From: Andrew Marshall (andrewm@olywa.net)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 08:13:07 PST

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:13:07 -0800
From: "Andrew Marshall" <andrewm@olywa.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: squirrels

Hello Hideka,
    I sympethise with your squirrel problem. I lived in a place once that
was rat and squirrel infested. Same noises, same feelings of disgust and
rage at the nasty little vermin. I got my own back on them though.
    Rat traps baited with peanut butter.
    If you can't use traps, get peanut butter and mix in some rat poison.
It will work. Make small balls of this bait and leave them next to your
plants or in the places only squirrels go. They have a keen sense of small
and will smell the peanut butter easily from a long distance. They come
running over, eat it and go away to die.
    This way you do not leave poison all over the place for any animal to
get into, you only get the squirrels.
    I hope it solves your problem. I know how some folks feel about this
sort of solution, but really, with this type of vermin there is no real time
other alternative except shooting that works. I tried live trapping and
transporting, hauling 20 a distance of 10 miles away. Either thay returned
or the vacuum left in the population was immediatly filled becasue there was
only a two day respite from thier depradations and then the numbers returned
to where they were befeor I trapped them all out.
    Good luck!
    Andrew