Off topic

From: Hideka Kobayashi (hkobayashi4@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 21:58:39 PST

Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 23:58:39 CST
From: "Hideka Kobayashi" <hkobayashi4@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Off topic

Hi Chris. Thank you or responding to my trashy posting. I thought about
posting my reply, but it is way off topic. So that's why I decided to
privately respond you.

I'm not sure about how they manufacture it, probably through
synthetic means with the right balance of herbs and odours :-)!

No, they claim, it is 'true' wolf urine. I have some questions regarding
this. Who would know if it is really 'true' or not? I am not going to
investigate this. Second, if it is 'true' urine, how would they collect
every time a wolf pee? And how do they collect and how do they store their
product? It is such a mystery to me. If it is fake, what does it suppose to
mean??? It is like the 'cheese mystery' to me.

Even if it is fake as you assume, somebody did a study on this, and I feel
sorry for the guy. He should be given a credit, and might have a degree of
one or two on this, but I can understand if he does not want it.

However, wolf urine probably will not work with the squirrels, since they
have probably never seen a wolf in their life, don't know what the urine
smells like, and wouldn't know until it was too late!

I might have read a feedback from a satisfied customer (I guess you can be
satisfied by buying some urine) that it worked agaist something. I think it
was deer. Since most wild animals have never encountered a wolf (aren't they
endangered, or something?), but still worked. I think it is more of
territory thing other than squirrels' experience with wolves. I totally
agree with you on feline and canine urine.

Well, if you want to do this, let us know the results at least!

No, I don't have such courage. I kinda though about it, but since my room is
in the attique area, climbimg up on the roof would be a problem. Would I
want people see me urinating on the roof? Certainly not. Ieven thought about
pouring my urine into bottle, but if one of my room mate sees it, I would
have a difficult time in explaining.

Can you not live trap them out, or are you being overrun by a large
number of them?

As I mentioned, my room is just below the roof. I think there are only a
few, but they do make nerve cracking noises. I did not know they are such
nasty little vermins. They cry, vibrate, and I think they craw into the
space between the ceiling and the roof. Needless to say, my hositility grows
every time they make a noise.

Hideka

Chris