Help! Someone's been eating my porridge-I mean Sarracenia plants!

From: Richard Ranalli (sarraceniagold@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 18:33:08 PST

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:33:08 EST
From: "Richard Ranalli" <sarraceniagold@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Help! Someone's been eating my porridge-I mean Sarracenia plants!

Hello! Sorry for my unsuccessful attempt at being humorous. Well anyway,
about a week ago I noticed that there were large holes in my S. purpurea
plants. They aren't snail holes-the small round holes or tunnels. They
look like they have been torn or ripped. I consulted a few of my CP books,
and a few of them said that some birds may peck at Sarracenia to get to the
insects inside. It now seems inevitable that this would happen, considering
I have three bird feeders nearby. Do you have any suggestions as to how I
can control them? Interestingly enough, they only bothered the S.
purpurea-they left the S. minor and flava alone. Thanks for your time!