Slugs

From: Steven Stewart (steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 05:27:32 PST

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 08:27:32 -0500
From: "Steven Stewart" <steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Slugs

We have a predatory snail _Rumina decollata_ or "Delcollate Snail" that has
been used as a greenhouse beneficial against slugs and snails. I believe it
is a native species in Central Florida, USA. I have read about a similar
snail doing great harm to native snails and slug populations in Hawaii, so
it is not a good problem solver for everyone everywhere. I have no
information about companies who might carry these snails, but if people in
the US are interested, I believe most local agricultural extention agents
should have more info. on the subject.
Take care,
Steven Stewart
IBW Enteprises Inc.