Re: trip to Boca Raton Florida

From: Trent Meeks (flaneps@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 08:40:11 PST

Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 08:40:11 PST
From: "Trent Meeks" <flaneps@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: trip to Boca Raton Florida

>Hi:
>My family and I are heading to Boca Raton, Florida late next week. Are
>there any sites in that area where we can see CPs in the wild?
>Thanks for your help.
>Bryan
>Charlotte, Vermont
>U.S.A.

Hi Bryan and Leslie,

Boca Raton is a quick hop up I-95 from me, and as far as I know, my patio
lathe house has the largest stand of CP in the area!

  If you're lucky, there may be some Utrics growing in the canals out west
of Highway 441, if they haven't been herbicided. Boca Raton is, for the most
part, walled in communities so carefully landscaped it will make you
nauseous. Also, the "soil" is sugar sand, limestone, and dried up bits of
sandspur. I guess I am jokingly saying that it is not an environment
friendly to CP.

Don't waste your time looking for wild CP, take the 1.5 hour drive down to
Clyde Bramblett's place, Orgel's Orchids, and see some real CP's. Give him a
call ahead of time because he lives in the boonies, and if he steps out
you'll miss him.

Until later,

Trent Meeks
Pompano Beach, Fl