Strange Drosera disease

From: Tassara (strega@split.it)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 00:48:58 PST

Date: Mon,  6 Mar 2000 09:48:58 +0100
From: strega@split.it (Tassara)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Strange Drosera disease

Dear list,

I've recently noted on some sundew leaves a strange illness: in a few days
all the tentacles of all the leaves (young and old) of some plants curl
completely towards the center of the leaf, not in the normal way, but
forming a semi-circle.
This happened on D. peltata, D. cistiflora, D. glabripes, D. stolonifera, D.
menziesii and D. callistos.
The leaves didn't catch any prey and I didn't spray anything over them.
I've examined them under a microscope because I suspected small parasites
could be involved, but I found none.
The curled tentacles are rether deformed and their tip lacks mucilage.
The plants, apart from the tentacles, look healthy.
Does anybody know what could it be?
Thank you!

Filippo Tassara
Genoa, Italy