Re: fire suppression

From: bruce dudley (bddudley@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 03:14:57 PST

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:14:57 -0800 (PST)
From: bruce dudley <bddudley@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: fire suppression

Hi all
Barry hit the nail on the head about fire suppression.
 However, I wouldn't focus the criticism on only
Floridians. Fire suppression in North Carolina is
choking out the remaining stands of all CP here in our
state, too. When I do see fire used to clear land it
is always at the end of summer when farmers are
clearing their pastures for fall plantings.

Therefore, I say: EVERYONE! Wake up and smell the
fire.... we need to return all wetlands back to the
fire cycle that was a common occurence before
Europeans landed here. The Native Americans were
handling the lands fine before the lands were
plundered by wayward boatsmen (whom, in all their
brilliance, believed they had found India....).

That's my 2 cents worth.
Bruce (a half-Native American pyromaniac) :-)