Re: N. sanguinea

From: Rich Ellis (ricell@juno.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 05:32:12 PST

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 06:32:12 -0700
From: Rich Ellis <ricell@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: N. sanguinea

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000"Dickon & Cathy Worsley" <dworsley@idirect.com>
writes:
> I have a small N. sanguinea in the green house. It is potted in
Sphagnum
> moss. Watered with RO filtered water. The green house fluctuates from
80
> during the day to 60 at night. The RH ranges from 45% to 65%.
> This plant is not looking good, brown leaves, deformed leader. All
the
> other nepenthes are doing well. Any ideas what it is looking for?

Your conditions sound reasonable and I don't think of N. sanguinea as
being particularly fussy as Nepenthes go. It might prefer higher
humidity. I suspect something is wrong with the roots and the lowish
humidity is not helping. I would probably unpot and examine the roots.
This may, unfortunately kill the plant but if you have a pest problem it
would be good to know before it spreads to other plants.

Rich

Boulder, Colorado http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/8564/