bongso / talangensis

From: j.dewitte@t-online.de
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 06:24:57 PST

Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 15:24:57 +0100 (MET)
From: j.dewitte@t-online.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: bongso / talangensis

I have seen a lot of n. talangensis during he climb of Gunun gTalang. There is
enough variation, with plants starting as low as 1700 m and continuing up to
the summit. Comparing pictures you would be tempted to say that the higher ones
are different, or maybe hybrids. Nevertheless now I think they are just
variations of the same species. As far as n. bongso goes, the one and only
plant I saw was on Gunung Singalang, growing in a tree on the side of the path.
Pictures are available to demonstrate the difference.
Jean-Pierre De Witte
mailto: j.dewitte@t-online.de
Time: 15:20:36
http://www.jeandewitte.de