papers

From: Bill & Cindy Miller (Turtlerun_1@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 06:26:59 PST

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:26:59 -0500
From: "Bill & Cindy Miller" <Turtlerun_1@email.msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: papers

I don't know much about this list, so I am hoping my request is
appropriate.

My twin 15 year old sons are involved in two different science fair
projects under the mentorship of Phil Sheridan of the Meadowview
Biological Research Station in Virginia. They are growing
Aldrovanda indoors with some good success so far--one of them has
won 1st place in his high school science fair (credit Phil!) and
the other is beginning to add associate plants to the medium.

His research has taken him through a 97 paper by Breckpot that
refers to two others:

Kaminski, R. 1987a: Studies on the ecology of Aldrovanda
vesiculosa L. I. Ecological differentiation of A. vesiculosa
population under the influences of chemical factors in the hapitat.
Ekol. Polska 35, 559-590

and its companion paper:

Kaminski R, 1987b: Studies on the ecology of aldrovanda vesiculosa
L. II. Organic substances, phisycia and biotic factors and the
growth and development of A. Vesiculosa, Ekol. Polska 35, 591-609.

87b seems to be the one of more direct interest.

I am hoping by appealing to this list that someone out there in the
plant community could send us a copy, or tell me how to find these
for him. Our local library is not much help with these (to them)
obscure journals.

I, of course, will be happy to pay any costs involved.

Thank you so much Cindy Miller for Mark and Michael Miller--budding
botonists!

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]