San Francisco trip

From: Fernando Rivadavia-Lopes (fe_riva@uol.com.br)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 19:18:57 PST

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 00:18:57 -0300
From: "Fernando Rivadavia-Lopes" <fe_riva@uol.com.br>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: San Francisco trip

To all,

            I've just returned from a 2-week work-related trip to San
Francisco. I wasn't sure if I'd have the time to meet any CPers while I was
there, so I surprised a few calling them up out of the blue! Unfortunately I
couldn't meet with all of them, but it was great to at least talk to people
I've known through e-mail and snail mail for so many years. I spent a
fantastic afternoon at California Carnivores with Peter D'Amato and Marilee
as well as Barry Meyers-Rice and Beth -- none of whom I knew personally. The
place is really amazing and I saw some beautiful plants. I'll definitely
have to get another work trip to SF during the summer to see Peter's green
house in full throttle! Not to mention drive up to Darlingtonia territory
and see them in the wild..... a longtime dream! I also met up with Geof Wong
and spent several hours talking with him at his lovely house. I was amazed
with his beautiful CP collection (and I thought he only had a few of my
Genlisea!) and clicked away numerous pictures. Thanks for the wonderful time
guys, I really enjoyed it! Hope to meet more CPers next time I'm up there --
hopefully during the SF ICPS Congress (if I can make it!).

Best Wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, Brazil