keeping various pings together

From: Amy Ritchie (carnivorous_plant@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 07:26:40 PST

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:26:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Amy Ritchie <carnivorous_plant@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: keeping various pings together

Even though all my previous pings died, I succeeded in
building a new ping collection for myself. As of now I
have: P. lutea, P. moranensis, P. prumiliflora, P.
planifolia, P. caudata, P. caudata v. elheseria (did I
spell that right!?), P. agnata blue flower, P. agnata
violet flower, and a unknown hybrid.
My question is this: I like to keep birds of a feather
together, and instead of having a bunch of individual
pots, I prefer to keep all my pings together in one
big tray. But I know different pings have different
needs. Will my pings survive if I plant all of them in
a shallow 2" tray with about 1-1.5" peat moss on the
bottom, and one half to 1" long-fibered sphagnum on
the top?

Amy
http://www.homestead.com/flytraps