clipeata

From: De Witte, Jean P. (JP) (JPDEWITTE@dow.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 23:43:00 PST

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 01:43:00 -0600
From: "De Witte, Jean P. (JP)" <JPDEWITTE@dow.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: clipeata

Hi Tom & others,
This is strange. I know John personally for many years and his judgement was
OK. Then, knowing the history of some of the clipeata seed that got around
(for one batch the female flower spike was polinated with three different
species, one of them clipeata) it would have been easy to get a mix-up and
believe you got the _real_ stuff! I myself have three strains running, and
most of the time I have to wait till the plants are large enough (+- 2 inch)
before I see a difference.
Take care,
John
>I appreciate the warning and I have asked several other people to help me
>ID the plant in question. I am GLAD I haven't actually purchased
>them yet, since they may not be the real deal! They came from John
>DeKannel and the guy who has been growing them swore they were
>correctly identified, so I didn't even question it. I don't have one myself
and I >was planning to sell a few of his, so I would get one for the
>trouble.

>Thanks for your comments,

>-Thomas Hayes

Jean-Pierre De Witte