Quickrete

From: Steven Stewart (steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 07:59:14 PST

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 10:59:14 -0500
From: Steven Stewart <steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Quickrete

To Matt concerning Quickrete sand. I use "playsand" which is produced by
Quickrete, mixed with two parts Canadian Sphagnum peat, for my Drosera
traycii, regia and hamiltonii. I also have great success with Sarracenia
and Cephalotus in the same mix. I live in Florida but would think any
product claiming to be "all purpose", (which playsand also claims)
should give you similar results to mine. I use RO filtered water, which
is very soft and has a pH of 5.5. I also top dress my mix with live moss
when growing large species, just my 2 cents.
Take care,
Steven Stewart
Sanford, Fl USA