Dionaea muscipula double petioles and traps

From: sundew (sundew@mitmania.net.au)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 20:53:19 PST

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:53:19 +1100
From: "sundew" <sundew@mitmania.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dionaea muscipula double petioles and traps

Dear fellow cpers I am wondering as to what is the best option for
the following. I have a _Dionaea muscipula_ that has decided to put
out a double trap, as well as a double petiole, splitting in two
towards the trap's apex. The latest growth to emerge has not shown
any present continuation. I want to take leaf cuttings of both
petioles, and would like to know when is the best way to ensure a
good take rate. Another thing, has the D.m.f. clam been given a
proper varietal name, as well as any others? Will there be a review
of all forms eg. dentate, banded, so as to ensure proper
identification and preservation? The _Sarracenias_ got their's, so
how about the ambassador to cp's?

Regards

Nathan J. Clemens

sundew@mitmania.net.au

Bowral NSW Australia

"Clouds bursting in a perfect sky, open up and drench these thirsty
souls..."

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]