Neblina weddings

From: Fernando Rivadavia-Lopes (fe_riva@uol.com.br)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 19:02:04 PST

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 01:02:04 -0200
From: "Fernando Rivadavia-Lopes" <fe_riva@uol.com.br>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Neblina weddings

Dear "E.T.",

>One team, then a second one, etc and now a wedding ! For when a funfair or
a moovie with
>indiana johns ? I was very disapointed when i learnt the discoveries made
during the first travel on the
>Neblina tepui because i knew it was the begin of the end for this last
savage and untouched
>ecosystem. Unfortunately, the facts don't reassure me at all. It becomes
more and more an up to date
>destination. Not far enough. Not expensive enough. It seems that all this
is happenning in a general
>indifference like if it was the destiny of humans beeing to colonize,
destroy and then regret their ancestor's >acts.

        I guarantee you I wasn't too happy either with the wedding at
Neblina (by your compatriots, BTW....). Fortunately Neblina still is WAY too
expensive, distant, exausting, and dangerous for most people. Mostly crazy
foreigners go there..... :)

Best Wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, Brazil