RE: Silicone, part 2

From: Tom Massey (massey@fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 07:22:01 PST

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:22:01 -0500
From: Tom Massey <massey@fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Silicone, part 2

Well that's good information. I always wondered if that "don't use for
aquariums" was to protect against the current fad of to suing everybody
for everything. A few years back (maybe about 1977 or so) I built several
30 gallon aquariums using silicon with pretty good results, I still have
them and they have never leaked. I kept both fresh and brackish water fish
for many years without obvious problems. I still use clear silicon when I
make aquariums/terrariums; just make sure you let it cure awhile before
adding your plants.

FWIW,

Tom in Fl.