earwigs

From: Andrew Marshall (andrewm@olywa.net)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 21:30:46 PST

Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 21:30:46 -0800
From: "Andrew Marshall" <andrewm@olywa.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: earwigs

Hi,
    A tip I picked up for dealing with earwigs that works.
    I take newspaper, old is best, and roll it a little looser then I would
if I were delivering it. Lay these rolls around the greenhouse. Earwigs
like to hide in these and will do so. Check them each morning by shaking
them out, still rolled up, over a large bucket of water. Take the earwigs
that fall out and feed them to your Nepenthes. They make GREAT food for
them.
    You could also do as I do, which is to go at night with a torch in one
hand, tweezers in the other. Hand catch the little stinkers and either put
them in a jar for later feeding, or feed to the nepenthes right away.
    Good hunting and best wishes
    Andrew