Re: Growing Outdoors: Photos

From: Steve Clancy (sclancy@sun1.lib.uci.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 11:54:58 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:54:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Steve Clancy <sclancy@sun1.lib.uci.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Growing Outdoors:  Photos

Jeff,

I have some pictures of various Sarracenia along with some Drosera
capensis that I grow outside all year under a grape arbor. I live in
Southern California about 4 miles from the beach. Summer temp can get to
95-100f winter rarely gets to freezing. During the summer they are
partially shaded by the grape vines, but in winter, when the grape vine
drops its leaves, they get full winter sunlight.

I am also currently growing a larger pot of D. capensis and some
unidentified Pinguicula, but I don't have any pictures of them yet.

You may use the pictures, but please give me credit.

They are at "http://members.xoom.com/sclancy/cp.htm".

--steve clancy

    Steve Clancy MLS, Science Library, Univ. of California, Irvine
          P.O. Box 19556, Irvine, CA 92623-9556 U.S.A.
   949-824-7309 * http://sun3.lib.uci.edu/~sclancy * sclancy@uci.edu
   "If you ever reach total enlightenment while you're drinking a
    beer, I'll bet it makes beer shoot out your nose."