re: D. petiolaris' online

From: Ivan Snyder (bioexp@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 08:42:21 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:42:21 -0800
From: Ivan Snyder <bioexp@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: D. petiolaris' online

Attention petiolaris enthusiasts,

Matt wrote:
>Just posted a no-frills web page featuring a photo of part of my
>D.petiolaris complex collection (all plants in photo less than 1
>year old). Please check it out! HEere's the URL:
>http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Sauna/9219/petiolaris1.html

     Glad to see someone else successfully growing sundews of the
petiolaris complex. I'm sure that Matt's seed was produced by the
all-time master grower of the plants Sean Samia, my friend here in
Southern California. Sean is not on the CP Listserv but does receive
e-mail on his cell phone now at < seansamia@yahoo.com >. Though I do not
myself grow them I do admire his magnificent looking plants. From him I
learned some facts which would interest those who have grown and studied
them. Like for instance: yes they do require cross-pollination to produce
seed. Hybrids between all the species are fertile and Sean has made some
which are truly awsome. Sean believes, and I agree, that some of the many
highly variable species are actually hybrids, which he has recreated.
Sean would like to correspond with others having a particular interest in
this complex. He has seed of many available from time to time.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.