Lichens and earwigs

From: Sundew (sundew@mitmania.net.au)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 23:44:52 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:44:52 +1100
From: "Sundew" <sundew@mitmania.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Lichens and earwigs

Dear all I am wondering if anyone can help me to find a cure to two
pains in the rear end?

The first regards the removal of Lichens from the glass panels of a
25 year old glasshouse. I have thus far scrapped as much as I can
off the sections, but there still remains patches that are reddish
in colour, with some smaller also still in tact. Is there some safe
remedy to kill it all off, as I don't want to have to make this
awkward task a regular one? A non-chemical one would be most
appreciative, if there so exists.

The second involves what we call 'Earwigs', small insects that have
what looks like two inward curved tweezers at the tips of their
abdomens. Anyways, they get and munch away on some of my Mexican
_Pinguiculas_, and I am convinced that they have been retarding the
growth of my _P. species Pico De Oriziba_. They have been in
almost plague proportions the last few months, with the mild Summer
& wet weather. So, if anyone knows of a simple, yet effective way
to get rid of the blasted things, I would be thrilled!

Regards

Nathan J. Clemens

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]