THE BEST CP FRIEND I EVER HAD!!!

From: RICHARD DAVION (davion@camtech.net.au)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 06:57:00 PST

Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 01:27:00 +1030
From: "RICHARD DAVION" <davion@camtech.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: THE BEST CP FRIEND I EVER HAD!!!

Dear All

I'd just like take this sombre opportunity to inform the membership
of the Listserve that as of Yesterday evening (Saturday the 15th.
of January) Eastern Australian Time My true Mate, Friend and
Confidant of five years and past-President and Editor of the
well-respected publication "Flytrap News" passed away ,suddenly, at
his home in Miranda, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA.

I'm very shocked and cut up about this news, and am, still,
somewhat in disbelief!!!

What hurts me most is that I shall (now) never get to meet (I don't
even
have a photograph!) the chap I have had so many 3 hour phonecalls
with over the years and take this turn of events as a somewhat
rude entry into the New Millennium.

I shall always remember him telling me of the time when he took out
his PC Motherboard, placed it on a photocopier and made a photocopy
of it before sending it off to be mended! Suffice to say that when
his Computer was returned with a different Motherboard he was able
to retrieve the original one via the proper channels! That WAS
Dennis, that was the kind of Man he was and that is how and why I
shall always remember him.

Others will be hard pressed to better him.

No editor will be able to match him and no President will be able
fill his shoes.

He was Dennis ... a UNIQUE human being. Others may come that will
resemble
him but none like him will ever walk the face of this Earth again!

May His Soul Rest in Peace,

Richard