Re: Fire ants

From: Ed Street (br@ldl.net)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 03:52:40 PST

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 06:52:40 -0500 (EST)
From: Ed Street <br@ldl.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fire ants

Hello,

I live in alabama on the al/ga border and we have some carpenter/fire ants
in the yard, I can kick over there nest and they will just move it to the
side somewhere. this summer I will definately put my s. minor's in the
front yard and see what happens. Currently they are on the back porch,
this past year they have gotten so full they literally topple over with
the weight. When california carnivores stated they are glutonous pigs
they was NOT kidding!!

I will keep everyone posted as to what I find and how they work.

Ed